Wednesday 22 March 2006

Answered Prayers...

As a mum, I have a fantastic opportunity to meet other mums and dads at the school gate, when picking up my children. When I think about the amount of time I spend with these people over weeks and months it all adds up.

I have formed some good relationships with some of the mums. I want them to be able to look at me and see what it's like to know Jesus. It's great when I have the opportunity to actually say to someone, "I'll pray for that situation." We had Matthew Ling with us as a church on Sunday. What he said to us made me think about how answered prayers shows people who we are. I would like more opportunity to pray for people and see God revealed to them in answered prayer.

I beleive I can show people that I am a child of God by answered prayers. To convince them that God's Kingdom is a Kingdom of power. Writing this post is a way of challenging myself and saying, 'I'm available Lord'. At the same time I hope to challenge others to step out more and do the most natural thing, which is to pray to our Father for those who don't know him, to see their needs met and to expect him to answer.

2 comments:

awesome*dandelion said...

Amen! I believe you will have an abundance of opportunities! God has been challenging me to meet my non-christian friends' needs, prayer is the most effective way!!!

Anonymous said...

You are reaching a demographic that I probably will never reach.
"Mothers at 3:30 outside the school gates" .You go ahead Judith it's a high calling that you are called to !!