Thursday 31 May 2007

mummy says...

I was busy when my daughter came to me crying that her brother had done something to upset her. Being busy and not wanting to deal with it in person, it was enough to say to Josie, "tell Luke Mummy says stop or you'll be in big trouble!" Josie ran off to deliver this message happy that I meant business. This was enough to calm the situation. It would not have had the same effect if Josie went back and simply said "stop it", because Luke would have probably carried on. But because I told Josie to use my name it carried some weight. I did not have to be there in person and say it. Luke understood the words as if I was saying them, even though they were coming out of Josie's mouth.

This helped me to understand that the authority we carry in this world is the same as that of Christ Jesus.

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the
Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the
Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I
am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of
the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will
do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I
am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that
the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my
name, and I will do it.

John 14:10-14 (NIV)

Jesus said that we can do even greater things than what He did just by having faith in him. We need to know what the Father is saying. I don’t feel I fully understand the power of God displayed through Jesus, but having a relationship with my heavenly Father means I can heal the sick and, yes, perform miracles! All the things I read Jesus did and is still doing.

Our close intimate relationship with God is one whereby we know what he would do. Therefore when we speak into a situation we can expect the same result as if it was Christ himself speaking into that situation. Because it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Judith - that's really good!