Saturday 2 June 2007

In America



It has been about a week now since we arrived back in the UK. I'm experiencing what it's like to suffer from jet lag, which is very new to me. Richard and I went out to Grand Rapids, Michigan. We spent the week ministering to the church. It was a great time. Andrew and Angela Hughes were fantastic hosts.

I had opportunity to speak to the women a couple of times. I was really blessed because I believe God really used me. It was such a step of faith for me to preach, it was a time of being stretched. When opportunities like this come our way, as long as we believe God is a part of bringing them our way we should grab them and make that step.

While we were out there we were able to spend an evening with a lovely family who lived by a lake. They took us out on their speed boat. It was brilliant. After which Richard went out on the lake on a tube which was pulled by the boat. Richard did so well holding on, while being tossed about. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long tme. Richard really enjoyed it. While I was watching I wished I'd come prepared to have a go. It looked great fun. Well maybe next time!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a really great time! Glad to hear that Lord Jesus blessed your visit there.

Andrew was at our church today.

Gavin White said...

Great Pictures of Richard on the water in the USA! - He could enter for the synchronised swimming with that leg in the air!!

Great to hear you had such a good time - I'm sure you both deposited something of the life and power of Jesus in the church as you ministered there.