Friday 12 May 2006

"meditation of my heart"

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14


Not only is it important to watch what we say, but we must also watch what we think about. I have found that by letting even my thought life be consumed with the things of God and his word, it has an effect on my words and actions. It also builds me up. I don't just want to be seen by those around me saying the right things. I want my LORD God to be pleased with my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith is there a prize for putting a name to the mouth?! The Lawrences think they've guessed them all!

Actually you've reminded of a kid's song that Abigail used to sing when she was 3(usually in the supermarket much to my embarrassment!). Nowadays it's my singing in the supermarket that embarrasses her!

Anyway I may end up singing it tomorrow at Second Saturday. You've been warned!

Anonymous said...

I was just about to write a 'guess the mouth' comment, but it appears that Mark has beaten me to it. You gotta be quick...

awesome*dandelion said...

Dave, Ezekiel
Gavin, You (The wonderful Judith)
Nathan, Keri, Richard
Josie, Luke.

...well... no-one actually named them did they?! Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure?

judith said...

Just to let you in on who's who. Awesome Dandelion (Eereh) was correct on all.