Wednesday 17 May 2006

Goldilocks And The 4 Bears!

I went to a workshop which is run by the school. It was about helping our children to learn through creative play. We were shown how to have creative play while teaching them numeracy and literacy skills! There were a number of parents present and we were given the task to make a Goldilocks puppet with general household odds and ends. It was quite interesting to see parents really getting into their craft, me included!

Then we were given the task to get our children to make the three bears puppets when we got home. When I picked up my children from school they looked forward to getting started on their bears. By the time we got home, my children asked a couple of neighbouring children in on the act. They had great fun.
I don't think I quite acheived getting in the litracy and numeracy, as we ended up with 4 bears! Even though my house was like a kids club for the next 2 hours with bits of cuttings all over my dining room, I enjoyed watching them interact with the children from next door, and they had a great time too.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

quality! Thats one thing I have never managed to master yet in my kids work - craft! I have tried on several occassions but... lets say I think I need to go on one of those workshops!

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun - keep sowing into these lives, expect a great harvest