Monday 6 November 2006

Football Crazy!


Our son has gone football crazy. He loves it so much he recently had a football birthday party. I do like to encourage him to play as it is a great way for him to excercise and have fun at the same time. Although I worry sometimes when I I hear some football news and there is so much hatred and dispute going on amongst different teams, and supporters. I was shocked to hear this morning the news about how an Everton supporter threw a coin and hit Fulham's Claus Jensen during Saturdays match. I wonder how someone can feel such dislike for a sportsman they've probably never met.

It is such a great shame that people take such a sport so personally that they feel thay have to get so agressive in the name of supporting their team.

I don't really enjoy watching football that much, but I do enjoy watching my son enjoy himself. I hope that he grows up to enjoy football for what it's meant to be; a game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great shot! He really looks like he's having fun. :-)

Gavin White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gavin White said...

Great Photo - Looks like Wayne Rooney will have some competition soon! - Now to make sure football isn't taken too seriously....it's best to support a team where the players act and usually play like a bunch of clowns.....my own team springs instantly to mind....the loveable, yet comical Bradford City FC! (great to have you back in the blogging world Judith!)