Monday 18 September 2006

Child Booster Car Seat

Parents are now faced with the new law that is enforced as of today to put children on a booster seat. I must admit that I have been very relaxed about using the booster seats up until today. Even though my children are probably safer in them. It wasn't until it was the law that I made sure they sat in them.

I find it rather interesting that even before it was compulsory I would think that I probably should have made them sit in the seats, but it was easier and quicker to just jump into the car and say "belts on", have a quick look round to check they're on properly then get off to wherever we were going. Now I am going to have to allow more time and effort to make sure my children are sat securely on their seats.

I spoke to the kids about this new law, and they found it all rather exciting getting into their old car seats this morning. It was as if it was a new adventure or something.

It reminded me of when we read the bible, we can quite often see that God would have us live a certain way. We may even think that it is a good idea and perhaps God knows what he's talking about. But it's not until we have a personal revelation from God by his Holy Spirit that we feel excited and want to do all that he requires of us. It may take a little more effort to comply especially when at times it mean going against what feels natural.

It is often a challenge to live the way God would have us live, but when we are filled with the Holy Spirit the challenge becomes a joy. We must constantly be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we can constantly live a safe, secure and fulfilled life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith - great post! I haven't got your email address at home, so thought I would use your blog to say thank you for arranging the morning with Carol Jones last Saturday. It was a great morning. Love Emma x