Thursday 9 November 2006

So That I May Lead

"give me wisdom and knowledge that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?" King Solomon, 2 Chronicles 1:10 (NIV).

Solomon could have asked God for anything. He knew God had given him a great resposibility to lead his people. We all have reponsibilities that are given to us. We may feel they are God given or that they were thrust upon us. However we find ourselves it is so important that our attitudes are right towards all that we have been given to do.

I have been thinking about the responibilities I have and how God would like to use me in those reposibilities.

I feel like I work hard looking after my husband and children and our home. I know this is the task God has given me. I don't belive it happened my accident. I believe God gave me my particular husband and my particular children, and requires me to do his will in those areas of my life. If I am to achieve what God wants me to, I need to know what it is God would have me do.

How easy it would be to dream of something different. Especially when things get difficult. To look around and see greener grass in everyone elses lives. I know that seeking first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, then all these things will be given to me as well (Mtt6:3).

God said to Solomon "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honour, nor for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowlege will be given you.
And I will also give you wealth, riches and honour, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have." 2 Chronicles 1:11

When we come into the presence of God. We need to look at what we desire, what are our own motives. Is it in line with God's plan and pruposes for his Kingdom. Are we asking God for the right things. When we come to God what do we pray. Looking at the things we pray for is always a good test to see where we are with God. God is interested in us and wants to give us good thing, but are we praying for me me me, or are we praying his Kingdom come and Will be done.

My prayer is that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge so that I can do my part in leading my family into the purposes of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judith - I have taken the following from my recent post and trust it encourages you in your calling

1)It is important that we understand our calling from God whatever as we are chosen for such a time as this.
2) Let us not advocate our calling, and leave it to supposedly someone else who has a more prominent role, or looks more confident, God has called you and nobody else to do your job.
3) God has called each one of us to achieve his purpose whether behind the scenes or not.
4) Behind the scene ministry is vital as the whole body needs to function (yes kids work is vital even when you 've got one of those nappies!!!)
5) Don’t right yourself off – God has n’t.
6) Live your life according to your calling, don't let others distract or detract you from that. Live for the moment rather than worrying about the future.
7) From the title of my blog we are born for such a time as this, so understand and excel in your calling today.

Conclusion
Let us not advocate our calling, and leave it to supposedly someone else. God has called each one of us to help achieve his purpose.


Every blessing

Richard