Monday 26 March 2007

Consider What God Has Done

It is so important to consider what God has done, for us and in us. To be content with all that we have and all that he has given us. There is probably a resounding Amen when I say that God is good and faithful.

In life we can find ourselves sometimes distracted with our situations and circumstances. Thinking about how we look, and how our behaviour is percieved by others. When we come into the presence of God, it can sometimes be an effort to take our focus off our selves and onto the things of God. I have to really guard my mind in times of worship and prayer. I almost have a little routine of saying to myself, this time is not about me but about my wonderful creator. I then make sure that the things I'm considering in the presence of God is God and what He has done for me. I have such powerful times with God when I only allow myself to think about His goodness and beauty and majesty. There is nothing in creation more beautiful and powerful than Him.

Dwell in His presence and consider what God has done and is doing for us and know that everything else will fade into insignificance compared to him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judith I was amazed at your devotion to God your witness speaks volumes as I read each story and saw the sweet pictures of you your husband and children. True Believers committed to live according to His Word are the REMNANT in this generation.
I longed myself to use my home as a house of prayer and a refuge. Every Friday night for 8yrs Lola my mentor who is 85yrs and i pray, I know God establishes, honors perservere and Faith. I have been praying for a husband/partner in minstry 8yrs, i have been waiting on the Lord I believe God will grant my request. Shalom, Janetjlcreates@aol.com

Anonymous said...

This is a very touching story of God. He had created us yet some people think us as all as just evolved bacteria. Even if so, WHO made these "evolved bacteria". One word speaks all.God.

Anonymous said...

This was truly inspirational! Thank you so much for your encouraging words! God bless!!