Tuesday 4 July 2006

Habakkuk's Prayer

The picture is a little melodramatic, but some times we can be like this when things don't go our way. When I read Habakkuk's Prayer, it reminded me that it does not matter what we go through or what circumstances we are in, our God is always faithful.

Though the fig-tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.
The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights
.
(Habakkuk 3:17-19 NIV)


We can enter into his presence and he ministers his peace and strength to us. Praise God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great word! When there's no reason to praise God other than for who he is we've arrived at the very reason we praise him. Our circumstances constantly change but there is no shadow caused by his turning. He is the unchanging God and worthy to be praised at all times and in all situations!

judith said...

Thanks Mark. That is so true.

By the way just listened to your word from Sunday via the internet on http//www.kingschurch-manchester.org. It was a really good word, Thanks!