Thursday 27 April 2006

Don't wait till it's my Birthday!


Today Ive been thinking about relationships, and how they are so fundamental to whether we are fulfilled as an individual or not. Relationships are so important to us and will either make us really happy or really miserable.
I have been so blessed to have a really fantastic husband.
Richard is very good at doing just that little bit extra just because it will make me happy. I get a buzz too just doing that little bit extra for him.

I have also got some really great friends, who I love dearly and would do anything for. Who have been there for me when I've needed them. Praise God for these people in my life.

While thinking about these relationships I can see how those good relationships have become very important to me. Rarely do good relationships come naturally or by accident. Sometimes we might have similar interest and likes, but this is not enough to build good solid freindships. Much more is involved. We most definately need to put in a lot of effort. This is the point I wanted to emphasise. We need to work at relationships. Put in the time. If we left it to chance or to whenever we next see one another nothing solid will come about. Being spontaneous is good for relationships, but we definately need to plan to be spontenaous, or nothing will happen!!

I just wanted to encourage you really into looking at your relationships, whether husband or wife, a really good friend or even a new friendship, do something spontaneous. Don't just let your relationship happen or be taken for granted. Drop a line or a card. Do something out of the ordinary. Good freindships don't come easily, they need you to put something into them. It is a lifetime investment, where the return is fantastic. You will know when you've built something that's great because it will build you up.

3 comments:

James Palmer said...

I made a mistake today. My best friend needed me and I decided to do something I wanted to do instead of what I should have done - helping them. I have realised I made a mistake and have appologised, but you're right. We have to work at relationships with people.

Anna Sacha said...

thats so true judith! thanks for this post. with just over five weeks left, i have got lots of spontaneous things to do for the lovely friends i have got here.
esp. the point you made about not waiting around is so true, thanks so much, gotta get working....

Anonymous said...

I agree with your post and your comments regarding Richard.He is a good man !
Even though I knew that from my first encounter with him.I have proven that over time !