Monday 24 April 2006

"24 HOUR ACCESS REQUIRED"

Hello to anyone that's missed me for the last couple of weeks. The kids have been off school so I've had my hands full to do any posting. It is 8'o clock in the evening, I've just finished putting all the kids to bed. Hopefully that will be the last I'll hear of them till morning!


I came home from picking up the kids from school today to find my driveway was blocked by a van. It was obvious to me that the driver just left it there for just a moment, so I beeped my horn hoping he would hear me and come running to move his van. Just as I thought the driver was not far, he came running out of a neighbouring house, getting into his van he drove off. My driveway was made clear, so I was able to drive on in. This reminded me of a time when God spoke to me through a sign I once saw. The sign said something like the picture you see on the left.

Our walk with God can be like that of a driveway. We can clutter it up with all sorts of things, or allow the entrance to become blocked and it then stops being a way through to our lives. I liked this sign when searching for a picture because it said "24 hour access required" God requires 24 hour access into our lives. We must always make sure that nothing is in the way of God speaking to us, or us speaking to God.

God wants to reveal himself to us. He wants to reveal what his thoughts are. He has chosen us to be his people to bless us, to prosper us and to use us mightily. When God chose us and we submitted our lives to him, we are meant to live according to his Word and Holy Spirit.

Lets humble ourselves to God, make ourselves vulnerable to him. We need to ask ourselves is God beeping his horn to get access at this very moment. Make the driveway clear so that he can enter into our lives, and we can enter into his presence. Having made the driveway clear we must continually check ourselves that nothing is allowed to get in the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Word Judith! We need to allow God to be king in our lives 24/7, living lives wholeheartedly sold out for him and his kingdom! Is so exciting when we do! Woohooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

cool so simple but so hard to remember and do thanks for that. i love it when u post u speak practical things which we can use in our lives. i think ur amazin judith and a great mum to 3 great kids. send my love to josie

Gavin White said...

That's great Judith - Yes, Jesus is King and Lord in every area of our lives 24/7/365 - Living our lives in an awesome awareness and acknowledgement of that is so exciting and so powerful!